Monday, July 6, 2009

Pre-rambling rambling

This would be my first, unofficial blog post. I'm cheating right now, since this is supposed to be a travel blog and I'm actually sitting on my bed at home in Denver. This post is primarily to 1. make sure the site is working and 2. let you know that you found the right page.

For background, this blog was born out of an overwhelming number of requests for postcards from my travels to India and Jordan over the next few months. If I had actually sent postcards to everyone who asked for one I would be completely broke and would probably develop tendinitis. So, instead, I set up this site where you can all come and check in on me during my travels. It's better than a postcard. I'll post pictures, stories and occasionally links and polls here, every couple of days.

For those of you that are new to blogging, this site allows you to read and follow my blog from any computer. If you want to become a "Follower" there is a link at the right side of this page where you click to sign up. Being a follower just means that you can comment on my blog posts directly on this page. Everyone else will be able to read your posts on the page. If you don't become a follower you can still read my blogs whenever you want to by going to http://www.caddietravelblog2009.blogspot.com/ It will be just like any other website.

I leave town on July 8th. I'll write again when I get to India. I love you all and miss you already!

Caddie

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to start reading your blog, Caddie! My daily life blog is http://life-tastic.blogspot.com if you want to keep up. You're going to have so much fun! I am super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear caddie, you are beautiful. i miss you. the end ;-)

    ReplyDelete